Started by Amanie
on March 15, 2006.
The weather is getting warmer, the grass is starting to peek through and it's time to put clunky
boots, mitts, toques, scarves and the like to the back
of the closet. ProductWiki needs to get the fashion section up-to-date with the latest trends in clothes, shoes and accessories. Some of these include: dresses, wedges, belts, bold prints and anything else that looks fabulous in the sunshine.
Adding Items to Fashion
It's probably easiest to add items by collection, and then by category. For example, all of BCBG's dresses for the Spring/Summer 2006 collection. I've added a list of designers that have some really "summery" clothes for the coming months. Add as many different designers as you like as this is by no means a complete list:
- BCBG Max Azria (I've added most of the dresses for the season - Amanie)
- Marc Jacobs
- Laundry by Shelli Segal (I've done these dresses - but not the skirts - Amanie)
- Robert Rodriguez
- See by Chloe
- Cole Haan
- ABS by Allen Schwartz (I've added a lot of these dresses but I'm staying away from the ones that seem prom-inspired)
Fashion Properties to Consider
As with all products, the most important things to add are manufacturer and price. For the product line, you can include the collection it came from, prefaced by the designer (e.g. BCBG Spring/Summer 2006).
The major properties for dresses are hemline and dress type. Hemlines can be knee-length, tea-length, mini, or ankle. Dress types include the type of neck style (e.g. strapless, halter, etc.) and also includes special things like empire waist or bubble skirt.
The major properties for shoes are heel type and shoe style. Heel type refers to wedge, high heel, mid heel, flat, etc. Shoe styles include pump, open-toe, sling-back, mule, sandal, etc.
Possible Fashion-Related Articles
What to wear and when
- There are a million different events to go to in the summer and it's always a struggle to decide what to wear. I think it would be really helpful to have an article describing the different things you can wear to all the events that you get invited to (think weddings, showers, bbqs, patios).Dress Style Guide
- There are so many beautiful dresses out there, but for some reason, it's hard to find a dress that looks good once you put it on. A great guide to buying the perfect dress would help a lot of women figure out things like: if empire waists are to be avoided or embraced and when to go strapless.