After many hours of hard work, the ProductWiki engineers have finally released a version of the ProductWiki platform worthy of a "2.0" designation. There has been, most notably, the addition of a new competitor system, where users add and vote on competing products in a head-to-head fashion. This new method of rating products has led to the development of what we're calling ProductWiki Top Picks; a system of highlighting the best products in their respective classes.
- The addition of Competing Products for systematically ranking products against each other head-to-head. Look for the "Competing products" section on all product reports
- The ProductWiki Top Picks product recommendation engine powered by the product voting. Start here.
- The inclusion of Most Active Categories on the front page to direct people quickly to the categories they are researching
- A Table of Contents (TOC) on the right-hand side of all product reports to make it easier to navigate the report
- Rebranding of "What's Happening" as Recent Changes and now is included as a stream on the front page
- A Related Products list on all product reports. Confused by the difference between a Competing product and a related one? Xbox 360 is competitor to the Wii, whereas the Wiimote is a related product for the Wii.
- The complete reworking of the overall style of the website with the bulk of the changes coming to product report page and home page
- Upgrading FCKEditor to version 2.5
- The use of Creative Commons License icon from Sweetie
- The creation of the Community Portal to help focus contributions and orient new members
More to come...
While this release marks a major milestone for ProductWiki, look for some more new stuff to be coming out very soon.
Please post any bugs that you find or any wishlist items in this thread.