This is the current plan:
- Leaf categories (no sub-categories. ex: a/v receivers, televisions)
- styled similarly to the home page
- default sort by recent activity (number of edits/votes in the last week, month, year)
- add the ability to sort products by MSRP, best/average store price, how many people "have" the product, release date
- add a mini, category-version of the recent changes feed for the category (eg. a/v receivers feed) that links to a full-blown category feed
- filter by "facets" like manufacturer, product line, etc.
- add an inline list of competitors to each product with a link to the respective report
- High-level categories (with sub-categories, ex: home & garden, electronics)
- retooled, restyled as more of a directory page listing the most popular leaf categories
- list all leaf categories with more of a sitemap feel
- category-specific feed, same as leaf categories
- no list of products
Not exactly sure when it'll get put up, but hopefully within a few weeks.
Please feel free to chime in if you have any ideas/improvements/complaints.