Poop talk makes ME giggle.
RE: Reverting. Our reverting/diffing system is currently unavailable, we rely and reverting the old fashioned way. A new diffing/reverting system is in the works for product reports, and we may post an intermediate sol'n for advanced users for just the description portion soon.
RE: Delete. This article might just be a case of speedy delete now that I think about it, since none of the "work" done already can be reused. I'm not a fan of random stub reports as they have no real usefulness.
Here's a rundown of my current thinking.
To keep a report I suggest that they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- are a noteworthy product (in-demand, popular, interesting, etc). It's fairly subjective
- contain original, useful information
- have been tapped, commented or voted on in a legitimate way by a real, non-shill user
Conversely, factors that can lead to a report being nominated for deletion would be (in any combination):
- NOT-a-product but rather a service, concept, person, animal (or poop)
- The article is copied-and-pasted marketing speak
- their are many shill comments, reviews, voting, or tapping in an attempt to mislead
- there are many SEO links
- the report offers no-value to the community, only to the submitter
Applying these criteria to the original report in this case. It does not meet any of the inclusion criteria, and it hits 2 out 3 exclusion criteria.
However...we shouldn't actually delete this product since their is useful information in this talk page, and the report can server as an example.
We could clear the article, rename it back to the original title, (get rid of the poop image), and keep the notice that I've put in. We can just let the report get buried into obscurity that way. I'll do that now...