I saw this last night and I have to be honest, I was particularly underwhelmed. After all the hype of "BEST MOVIE EVARRR!" I was obviously looking forward to something special. And yet all Iron Man was is the same formula with a shinier coating... literally:
- Long introduction to the character in their "before life"
- the event happens that introduces them to their POWA!
- montage sequences where they learn and control their POWA!
- Small fights with sub-bosses
- Most trying low point where they can't use their power, often coupled with some sentimental moments
- Angry and badass with a big climactic boss fight
This formula works well sometimes, and maybe I'm just jaded, but after so many Super Hero movies it starts to become tired and routine. For what it is though, the special effects are great, and there are a few COOOL moments. Sooner or later Hollywood will start getting more influenced from flashy asian cinema and hopefully start introducing more crazy moves. We saw a couple of them in Transformers, and again a couple in Iron Man. I want more!