I'm in complete agreement with this journal entry:
I hereby do notify the world that I shall not join any form of online service that has any of the following features:
- Requires me to work out who my friends are.
- Asks me to approve you as a friend before we can communicate.
- Sends me an email to tell me someone didn't send me an email.
- Wants me to register before I can contribute.
- Wants me to write a constant narrative of my life just in case someone unspecified wants to read it.
- Expects me to manually give my availability or location for any reason.
- Endorses products to others based using my name.
Yes, my Facebook account is closed. (And if you invite me to join a Facebook group, I won't.)
- Any non-commercial site that doesn't use OpenID and wants me to create yet another username and password. (And you can guess which qualifier I'll be dropping after that.)